About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. Here you can follow my past professional sessions as well as my personal photography. I have camera and do travel as long as we can find some natural light at our destination. I typically do not take paid jobs as of 2015, but love to practice new ideas on cute child models or four-legged friends!

Turkey Paninis {Amarillo Family Lifestyle Photographer}


My brother-in-law has given us the tastiest turkey recipe in the world. I have passed it on to many friends, and I am more than willing to give it to those that have not tried it. Warning: if you try it, you will never cook a bird in any other way. It is an invigorating time, starting with a brine in a black trash bag, then cooking the bird while basting every half hour! It becomes a beautiful creation...AND tasty!

What is better than indulging in the turkey?? Oh! Stacking it with bacon and Swiss cheese, with tomato and spinach leaves and grilling it on the new panini grill!
My handsome husband went after the turkey breast like he was on a mission. He did a wonderful job! It was the messy job out of all the work given in the kitchen. We stacked the ingredients in this order in between two pieces of sourdough bread: cheese, turkey breast, bacon, cheese, tomato slices, and fresh spinach leaves.I am sad to say we do not have pictures of the panini. We had friends come over with dips and chips, and bacon to cook...and the photographer was "manning the grill" as well.


What is better than indulging in turkey paninis?? Oh! Spending that time with good friends. A wise man once told us that brunch can be served late in the afternoon. "It is called a bartenders' brunch!" So with his words soothing us as it neared 2pm, we savored in Mimosas, pampered ourselves with Turkey and Bacon Paninis, and entertained with a board game.

Board games with friends could be a whole other blog, but today it was Loaded Questions. Google it if you haven't played it. Can be fun for a group of adult friends with sarcastic and witty senses of humor!

I go forth looking for something to add to the panini...a tomato basil pesto? Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment