About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. Here you can follow my past professional sessions as well as my personal photography. I have camera and do travel as long as we can find some natural light at our destination. I typically do not take paid jobs as of 2015, but love to practice new ideas on cute child models or four-legged friends!

Self Portrait

Laugh with me, please! I had to take a self portrait that portrayed something about me for my VERY first photography class back in the day! Here it is:

What does this portray, you ask? Well, I guess I felt a little overwhelmed by the piles of work, or junk, or whatever it might have been at the time. This was not staged! I just set my camera up on the end of the table and laid my head near the mess! This is what was captured. I used a larger aperture to fade myself a little bit, while the image is focused on the "stuff" there in the picture. That shows my lack of enjoyment of being in pictures - reason for being behind the camera most of the time!

I would love to see what you would set up as your self portrait. Email me your images at barefoothillary@gmail.com and I will post some of my favorites soon! Come on...a short click of the iPhone in your favorite spot!? Please!?

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture! Probably because I have been there and sometimes wish I still was!

    ReplyDelete