About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. Here you can follow my past professional sessions as well as my personal photography. I have camera and do travel as long as we can find some natural light at our destination. I typically do not take paid jobs as of 2015, but love to practice new ideas on cute child models or four-legged friends!

Teaching

I have decided that in both of my professions, teaching and photography, I must learn at least one new thing each day. Obviously, as a teacher, I like to pass on things I learn to others. I have decided that this information I learn must be useful to someone out there.

I am embarking on a new classroom set up this Spring due to a "model teacher grant" I have won. In the Fall, I wrote a board of IT persons reasons why I thought my classroom and students would benefit from a bundle of new technology materials. In that, I had to explain my plans and future assessing of the success of the equipment. I WON! In the next few months, my classroom will be equipped with a CPS set, from eInstruction, a SmartBoard, and a classroom set of Dell mini laptops. Of course, I will be equipped with a computer, document camera, and projector to assist in using all this jazzy, new stuff.

With all that said, stay tuned for new information as I receive all the equipment and training in the next year or so. I am excited to begin this new adventure.

AND...just TODAY...I have been reading one of my favorite blogs that I try to follow. MckMama (aka Jennifer McKinney) is a beautiful photographer, but first a mom of four. If you have children of your own, you should follow her! I read her blog on "making the eyes pop in a photograph" this morning. Here is what I did to the cutest baby face of all time. More to come, as I can spend hours and hours in Photoshop!


No comments:

Post a Comment