About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. Here you can follow my past professional sessions as well as my personal photography. I have camera and do travel as long as we can find some natural light at our destination. I typically do not take paid jobs as of 2015, but love to practice new ideas on cute child models or four-legged friends!

23 days left until TWO! I love you!

As soon as Jaxson could open his hands and think about his "wants" in life, we started teaching him sign language.  He could sign for "milk," "more," and "please."

He communicated with us this way for much longer than we thought. He could say milk and please with his voice, but he still signed it!  I loved it! 

Sceptical folks would say, "No, Jaxson, say please!"

I had to correct them in their thinking that he was not saying please.  HE WAS!!

Josh and I have told Jaxson we love him each night before bed since he was still in the womb.  We have started asking him if he can say it to his Honey (maternal grandmother) or to his paternal grandparents.  He has selected certain things he will use his voice for....a small number to date. 

Recently, though, he has started signing "I love you!" 
No, it is not the official sign language for the phrase. 
I am not sure how this came about, but he has created his own sign for "I love you!" 

It melts my heart!
It is typically paired with a sweet smile, 
but in the picture below, he was wanting "down" because he was "done!"

But here is Jaxson's version of "I love you!"

Sometimes it is just his right hand to the cheek, but at times it is both hands!  He always leans his face down to his right shoulder to show a sweet gesture!  

We love you too, Jaxson Boyd!

No comments:

Post a Comment